Saturday, May 20, 2006

At last I finished DMC3!!!!

Now I can erase one line from my "Things I must do before dying" list, and that's completing Devil May Cry 3 in Dante Must Die mode. Gosshhhh, this really was one of the most challenging games I've ever played, and I've played plenty of hard games over my long gamer history.

Maybe the guys from Campcom took it too seriously when they readed the complaints about Devil May Cry 2 and its total lack of challenge, but nevermind. This game is really awesome, with some flaws like the "too cool" behavior of Dante in the movie scenes (not to mention the too many times used "Yooohoooooo" :S ), but as the missions progressed, the action got better and so the story.

When I first finished this game, it was on normal mode and it really took me a while to get used to the controls and the fighting styles, but once you do, is only you and your skills against the demons. Of course until you get to play DMD mode, which is insanely difficult, not because the enemy's AI is harder but for the amount of damage they take when they devil trigger. In the previous two games, you had a considerable time to kill each enemy before they devil triggered, but now it's absolutely imposible to kill every enemy without at least one activates DT, and trust me, they really can handle much more damage in this state, in a way that when you finally get to kill it, your fingers can´t move because of the cramps!!!! Another flaw is the ranking mode, it's absolutely stupid, you have to kill every enemy in two seconds and you must do it with style :S I don´t know what were they thinking, but it's totally wrong. If not, please tell me who in corn sake could make an SS rank on DMD mode on mission 18. If that guy exists, then, let me tell you, you're the MAN!!!!!

Well as a hardcore gamer, it was a duty for me to not be overwhelmed by this, and finally I reached the top of the mountain. As I mentioned before. this is a great game, not the "best of all times" like some reviews I've read, but it's quite good. Still Devil May Cry 1 is my all favorite from the series, but this is worth to try.

PD: The final boss, Vergil, is one of the hardest I've ever find, you'll know what I'm taking about when you fight him on DMD mode ......

1 comment:

Mafalda said...

I really liked your "things I must do before I die" list idea. I must start my own list immediately! Two things come to my mind right away: bungee jumping, and trying to adquire a taste for Playstation games.